January 21, 2009

Jesus is Lord

Jesus is my Lord and Savior, by the grace and mercy of the Father. When I meditate on his greatness, I always end up echoing the confession of believing Thomas to Jesus, "The Lord of me and the God of me". When I speak of him as my Lord, my thoughts are lifted to glory and my heart is filled with awe, love, and devotion for him. He humbled himself from heavenly glory and came to walk this guilty sod in order to redeem his people. How amazing he is! Words fail me, but I hope to continue trying to find creative ways to communicate his Lordship and salvation to all.

His Lordship requires my obedience to his commands. I fail at this so many times, but I know it is one of the goals of my life. Those fearful words make me shudder..."Why do you call me Lord and do not do what I say?" His claim on my life is total and complete. But I dare not speak of his lordship as if it only had application when there are those who embrace him as Lord. He is Lord, not only over those who want him. He is Lord over all creation. Others might reject him but this does not diminish his glory.

No comments: